1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Not that I know of, no. And honestly I’d rather not know. I’m not quite sure how to explain that.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I get a tear or two at movies a lot. But I think the last real hard cry was probably May of last year. Real crying is rare, to be honest I think I’ve become a little numb and it scares me.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
No, it’s horrible and in fact almost illegible if I’m not careful. If I write things to quickly I sometimes can’t even read them myself.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Shaved smoked maple flavoured ham.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
No. There was a time, briefly, where I thought I might like to have some. I was young. I soon realized I could never handle the work and responsibility of it. I don’t even want a dog because they are too much work. We have a cat. Cat’s are cool. They mostly want nothing to do with you unless they need/want something. Then they go off and do their own thing.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I don’t know. Would I be a nice person or a jerk? This question has way too many possible variables.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Yes. But not as often as I used to.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
It would likely kill me. And I’m somewhat attached to not being dead, so no, I would not.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
I like all kinds of cereal, but I most often eat Honey Nut Cheerios.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Yes, I do.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM?
Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Physically it would be the face. I like warm smiles and eye contact. But when I meet people I tend to zero in on how genuine they are.
15. RED OR PINK?
For what? Grapefruits? Thongs? You’ll need to be more specific here.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Lately it’s been my complete lack of motivation. I’ve just recently discovered a possible medical reason for this. Remains to be seen but I am encouraged.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Someone I didn’t even know all that well, and I didn’t know how much he meant to me until after he was taken suddenly. Like many other things in my life, I don’t understand. Some things cannot be understood. They just are.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
How to make perfectly crispy bacon, every single time. And the perfect soft boiled egg. But seriously, I have only been in my new job for a little over a year. There is a lot at work that I still want to improve on. That is where my focus is now.
19. WHAT COLOUR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Brown hiking style running shoes. Probably 10 yrs old. Shoes last forever with me. These might actually become fashionable again soon.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A stale cookie found in a cookie tin, leftover from Christmas. Oh shut up, you would have eaten it too.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The hum of my desktop computer and the TV way off in the back room.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?
Barbara? Is that you?
23. FAVOURITE SMELLS?
The forest. Spring. Bread baking. Bacon. Sun tan lotion.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
I like to think they aren’t but I can find myself getting quite frustrated at times, so clearly they matter more to me than I’d like them to. My recent stint of unemployment served as a healthy reminder of my left leaning views. Having been so financially stable and comfortable for so long had shifted me slightly to the right, and I wasn’t even conscious of it.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Yes please. Mostly mountain, but the beach would be nice too because I love to stare at lakes.
26. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOUR?
28. EYE COLOUR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes, I am blind as a bat.
30. FAVOURITE FOOD?
That changes with my mood. And with age. My tastes have changed so much in the last decade. Much of that is thanks to Kelly introducing to so many new foods.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Not a fan of scary movies. Happy endings, sure.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
The Impossible, just now. It completes the list of movies I wanted to see before the Oscars next week.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter can be beautiful and there are aspects that I enjoy, but I much prefer summer.
35. FAVOURITE DESSERT?
I would have to think about this for hours. And it would make me hungry. For things I can’t eat during lent. Next question.
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
That line is becoming quite blurred. I’ll say Computer. But I might be on YouTube watching clips of TV shows.
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I am not. I wish I could make more time to read.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Detroit Red Wings Logo. See question 26
40. FAVOURITE SOUND?
Wind in the trees and nothing else. And one of the most amazing sounds ever was one I heard last summer while up at the cottage in Muskoka. One of the owners of the property I was staying with took a few of us out for a wolf howl. After a few attempts with no luck, she tried one last time before we were to turn in for the night. And suddenly, the whole pack responded. First one wolf, then another, and soon the whole pack. It gave me chills, and was truly something I will never forget. So, yeah, that.
41. FAVOURITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
Rock, but I like most types of music with a few exceptions.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Meh, I don’t know. Maybe.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Northern Quebec, Canada.
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
46. WHAT COLOUR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Various shades of beige brick.
47. WHAT COLOUR IS YOUR CAR?
Greenish Grey, But some exciting news, I am close to buying a new van. It will be Maximum Steel Metallic (it looks black in the shade but blue in the sun!!)
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?